Study for free under the youth guarantee programme and gain two qualifications, the New Zealand Certificate in Retail (Customer Service and Sales Support) (Level 2) and the New Zealand Certificate in Salon Skills (introductory) (Level 2).
This course covers level 2 unit standards and will include:
- Basic communication, teamwork, problem solving and self management skills
- Customer Service and sales support
- Basic health and safety requirements
- Entry level salon skills with an overview of the hairdressing, barbering and beauty industries
- Entry level knowledge and skills required to enter the work force or further training
We'll even help you with travel costs to and from class.
For more information on Youth Guarantee visit http://youthguarantee.net.nz/start-your-journey/
Next course date:
|YG 1||27th March 18|
|YG 2||1st May 18|
|YG 3||5th June 18|
|YG 4||10th July 18|
|YG 5||7th August 18|
What will you get?
On completion, you will gain the New Zealand Certificate in Retail (Customer Service and Sales Support) (Level 2) and the New Zealand Certificate in Salon Skills (introductory) (Level 2).
For Youth Guarantee, students must be aged 16-19 and have no existing qualifications higher than Level 1. Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Fulltime and runs for 35 weeks, including a 1-week term break.
There are lots of varied and rewarding careers in the service industry. Areas you could work in, or train at a higher level include: Hair and beauty, fashion, retail, hospitality, media studies, travel and tourism, administration.