The STAR programme is designed to help Year 11-13 students move smoothly from school into tertiary study or work and typically precedes the Gateway Programme. The purpose is to introduce the student to realistic and possible career choices in a fun, practical environment which is sometimes more suited to the student’s individual needs.
The programme will be delivered during holiday times to minimise the impact on the students study at school.
Relationship to Other Courses
Our Star Programme is designed to be an ideal progression to industry or full time study of these programmes:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing – Salon Support (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing – Emerging Stylist (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Barber Skills (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skincare (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4)
COURSE DATES 2020
|Term 1||Tuesday 14th April||Friday 17th April|
|Term 2||Monday 6th July||Thursday 9th July|
|Term 3||Monday 28th September||Thursday 1st October|
9.30am to 3.00pm
For more information on STAR and Gateway programmes, contact the Gateway Co-ordinator or Careers Advisor at your school or get in touch with our Recruitment and Engagement Manager, Serena Bond (email@example.com ) or call 09 308 0688