New Zealand Certificate in Makeup & Skincare(Level 3)
Turn your passionate for makeup into a career by gaining New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skin Care (Level 3)!
Guided by our passionate and highly train tutors, this course will teach you the essential skills needed to kickstart your career in the makeup industry. From basic beauty concepts, to product knowledge and consultation skills, students can be assured all bases will be covered in this 20-week foundation course.
To ensure our students are equipped and exposed to the latest and best quality products, we use MAC Cosmetics to provide student kits, seasonal demos and workshops.
- Application of basic beauty concepts for commercial salon use
- Knowledge of tools, equipment and safe operating procedures
- Knowledge of face and skin type structure and functions
- Customer service, communication and consultation
- Sales and product knowledge
- Skin conditions and indications for these
- Makeup and design theory
- Performing skin care services
- Performing make up services (special occasion, current looks and techniques, foundation special effects and paint work)
- Photoshoots, CV’s and portfolio creation.
|M8||22nd January 2019||7th June 2019|
|M9||30th April 2019||13th September 2019|
COURSE DURATION & HOURS
This course is 20 weeks. Hours are Tuesday – Friday from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm. Any additional work experience opportunities may be outside of these hours.
(NZQA assessment fees, Registration & hook ons)
|Total||$6,950.00 (incl GST)|
*You may be eligible to train for free under the Fees free scheme. Click on the Fees Free tab in the menu bar to find out more.
MAC Cosmetics kit upgrades are available for students at discounted rates.
Student fees will be held in trust in compliance with Section 236A of the Education Act 1989 as amended by the Education Act (No4) 199
A letter will be sent to the applicant immediately following the interview to notify acceptance. On acceptance you will be required to return a contract to Servilles Academy within 5 working days.
Book an interview with our recruitment team. We encourage parents to accompany the prospective student to the interview as the course is very comprehensive and family support is important.